Vegetable Lasagna, a tasty and healthier way of enjoying lasagna! I made this for yesterday's dinner without using any Carbs! I replaced Lasagna Sheets with thin slices of Zucchini and Aubergine which tasted really good! This dish has 5 vegetables in it too which counts to your 5 a day
1 Zucchini (thinly sliced)
1 Aubergine (thinly sliced)
1 Bottle of Italian Red Sauce (homemade or bottled like Dolmio Sauce)
2 Spring Onions
1 Bell Pepper
1 Cup Spinach
1 Cup Cheddar Cheese
2 TBSP Feta Cheese
1 TBSP Italian Herbs
1 TSP Chilli Flakes
2 Cloves of Garlic
1 TBSP Olive Oil
1) Thinly slice Zucchini, Aubergine and Bell Pepper.
2) Finely Cut Spring Onions and Chilli.
3) Brush Oil on to a Oven Proof Dish and add the first layer of Zucchini.
4) Add Spinach, Feta and Sauce.
5) Add a Layer of Aubergine and add Bell Peppers and Cheddar Cheese.
6) Add Zucchini Slices and add Spinach, Feta, Chilli, Spring Onions and more Cheese.
7) Add the Sauce and roll the left over Zucchini Slices. Add them on top and stuff with a garlic piece in the middle.
8) Top with more cheese, chillies, Spring Onions, Italian Herbs.
9) Put it in the oven for 30 to 35 mins at 180 Degrees.
ENJOY. YUM. 🌶🍆🍝🍴 Tips- I personally prefer adding my own homemade sauce into it as it tastes better. You can also add Thin Slices of Sweet Potatoes (but blanch them before adding it). Also other cheese would work with this recipe too such as mozzarella and goats cheese. For any extra crunch you could add breadcrumbs on top to add more texture. Instead of cheese you could add white creamy sauce to replace the cheese.